NOTE: This sales channel is not kept as up to date as my Etsy shop. Until I have time to update these listings, for more selection, visit Etsy.com/shop/ladybirdsewshernest
Lightweight, breathable face masks designed with comfort and functionality in mind. Soft, stretchy ties offer maximum adjustment: now available in new colors with an adjustable ear loop option as the default.
This bestselling mask design originally featured top and bottom ties, but by popular demand I have shifted the majority of sewing to an adjustable ear loop option with long ties that can be secured around the back of your neck for convenience. I wear my mask around my neck all day when not in use, and the ear loop version allows the mask to be loosened when down around your neck while remaining quick and easy to pull back up into place.
The DOUBLE LAYER masks in Chitosante poly have an opening for an optional filter insert if you want more layers of protection - though be aware that multiple layers increase warmth. The SINGLE LAYER version if your primary goal is compliance in low risk environments, and you value lightweight coolness over filter strength. Available in regular and child sizes.
• TECH FABRIC: Moisture wicking, quick dry technical fabric is comfortable and easy to wear.
• EASY FIT: Stretchy mask and ties provide maximum adjustability and enhance ease of use. Pull the mask down around your neck when not in public: the compact and lightweight design makes it easy to forget you have one tied around your neck. Now, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to grab a mask when you leave the house or get out of the car since it’s already on your person. Soft ties also minimize discomfort on ears, and the stretch knit provides more adjustability than most woven masks.
• MINIMAL DESIGN keeps the back and sides of your neck cooler than a bandanna or neck gaiter, and the single layer versions are cool and easy to breathe through -- a welcome respite from other stuffy cloth masks on a hot day, particularly if you are spending considerable time outside. The optional double layer style provides enhanced filter capabilities, while still remaining breathable and not overly stuffy - though they are noticeably warmer than the single layer masks. For even greater filtering properties, add a paper towel or other filter medium in the convenient filter pocket. Disposable PM 2.5 filters are a solid choice.
• MULTI-PACKS are great for household sharing and provide the convenience of following a regular laundry routine. Think of reusable cloth masks as similar to socks and underwear: you should wash after a day of wear, and having at least two masks to alternate between is important if you frequent public spaces.
• REUSABLE: Cloth masks are eco-friendly and responsible: they minimize waste from disposable products, as they are machine washable and can be reused over and over again.
• SIZING: Regular size fits most; child size is suited for preschool through early elementary age, approximately ages 3-8. Not intended for children under the age of 3.
• MADE in AMERICA – locally sewn in Colorado by myself and a couple of other sewing professionals. Support sewing skills and sustainability within our domestic garment manufacturing industry.
• Colors: Blue, Grey (mid-weight). NEW: Red, Green, Purple, Turquoise, Black (light weight)
• Chitosante is a light to medium weight technical stretch polyester fabric that is antibacterial, odor resisting, moisture wicking, breathable, fast drying, and UPF 50.
These are machine washable and should be laundered after each wear - just toss in with the rest of your clothes. Finished masks have been put through one cycle of machine wash and dry on warm. The fabric manufacturer recommends to wash cold and hang dry for longevity, but they can go through the wash/dry cycle numerous times.
There is not currently sufficient testing available that cloth masks will protect you from tiny particles in the environment around you. However, all available anecdotal evidence from other countries points to face coverings being an important element in slowing the spread of infections by containing each individual's own respiratory droplets, along with providing a barrier against inhaling particles from others. This is NOT a medical grade mask; it is part of the #Masks4all movement. I protect you; you protect me.
I have also been donating time, materials, and a portion of proceeds to support other volunteer Maker groups around Colorado to purchase materials for 3D printing, sewing, and more in support of increasing the PPE supply, including Make4Covid.co.
****USPS UPDATE regarding delays****
Default shipping is first class mail. Currently, the post office is experiencing widespread service delays, and I am seeing packages that typically take a day or two within Colorado go all the way to Portland and back before finally arriving several days later. Other orders are delivering quickly with no issue. Priority mail is an optional upgrade at checkout, and should increase the chances of 2-3 day delivery -- though this is still not a firm guarantee.