NOTE: This sales channel is not kept as up to date as my Etsy shop. Until I have time to update these listings, for more selection, visit Etsy.com/shop/ladybirdsewshernest
Soft, stretchy, breathable face masks with around the head ties for maximum adjustment. New 5/2/20: adjustable ear loop option now available. I'm really liking this feature, as you can still pull it down and slide it looser around your neck when not in use, but it's quick and easy to pull back up into place. See images for details, and specify you want ear loops or double ties in the comment field at checkout. I have been receiving a lot of requests for ear loops, and am shifting gears to change the bulk of production over to this as the default.
Mix it up with this PAIR of DOUBLE LAYER MASKS in two different high tech fabrics: 1 MaxDri Multicolored Mask in Warm Rain (specify reversible or opening for optional filter insert), and 1 Chitosante Quick Dry Double layered mask with filter pocket.
- TECH FABRICS: Moisture wicking, quick dry technical fabric is comfortable and easy to wear for extended periods of time, ideal for casual civilian use as well as the athletic activities such as running and biking for which the liner fabric is optimized.
- EASY FIT: Stretchy mask and ties provide maximum adjustability and enhance ease of use. Pull the mask down around your neck when not in public: the compact and lightweight design makes it easy to forget you have one tied around your neck. Now, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to grab a mask when you leave the house or get out of the car since it’s already on your person. Ties also minimize discomfort on ears, and the stretch knit provides a more sealed fit and adjustability than most woven masks.
- MINIMAL DESIGN keeps the back and sides of your neck cooler than a bandanna or neck gaiter, and the single layer versions are cool and easy to breathe through -- a welcome respite from other stuffy cloth masks on a hot day, particularly if you are spending considerable time outside. The optional double layer style provides enhanced filter capabilities, while still remaining breathable and not overly stuffy. For even greater filtering properties, add a paper towel or other filter medium in the convenient filter pocket.
- REUSABLE: Cloth masks are eco-friendly and responsible: they minimize waste from disposable products, as they are machine washable and can be reused over and over again.
- SIZING: Regular size fits most; child size is suited for preschool through early elementary age, roughly ages 3-8. Not intended for children under the age of 3.
- MULTI-PACKS are great for household sharing and provide the convenience of following a regular laundry routine. Think of reusable cloth masks as similar to socks and underwear: you should wash after a day of wear, and having at least two masks to alternate between is important if you frequent public spaces.
- MADE in AMERICA – locally sewn in Colorado. Support sewing skills and sustainability within the USA garment manufacturing industry.
• Chitosante is a technical polyester stretch fabric that has antibacterial, odor resisting, moisture wicking, breathable, fast drying, and UPF 50 properties. It has a smooth, soft surface texture akin to activewear tops.
There is not currently sufficient testing available to support any claims that these masks will protect you from microscopic particles in the environment around you. However, all available anecdotal evidence points to face coverings being an important element in slowing the spread of airborne particles by containing each individual's own respiratory droplets, along with providing a barrier against inhaling particles from others. This is NOT a medical grade mask; it is intended for civilian use as part of the #Masks4all movement. I protect you; you protect me.
These masks are lightweight and easy to breathe through; they are not designed to be high level filters. They are a good start to keeping your sneezes, coughs, and other vapor droplets contained, but they aren't medical grade filters against outside contaminants.
These are machine washable and should be laundered after each wear. Finished masks have been put through one cycle of hot machine wash and dry. The fabric manufacturer recommends to wash cold and hang dry for longevity, though they will withstand numerous hot wash/dry cycles.
I have also been donating time, materials, and a portion of proceeds to support other volunteer Maker groups around Colorado to purchase materials for 3D printing, sewing, and more in support of increasing the PPE supply, including MakerLab’s Covid-19 Response Team in Durango and Make4Covid.co.
****USPS UPDATE regarding delays****
Default shipping is economy first class mail, which averages 3-5 days delivery, though some locations are experiencing longer delivery times.
Priority mail is an optional upgrade at checkout, which typically means delivery in 2-3 days, though this is not a guarantee as USPS is experiencing widespread delays.